Tuesday 2 June 2009

Everything else besides Pritchattsbury!

So this is my final pre-Guild Council blog of my term in office, if you want to hear what I really think then make sure you turn up to Guild Council in the 15th May to hear my leaving speech and I'm just writing that now! Here's what I've been up to since my last blog, I have also been involved in the discussions surrounding Pritchattsbury which have taken up a large amount of time and I will blog in the next week explaining the situation...

*We saw the finalised version of the Student Development Review that was commissioned and I'm sure that will be circulated to the student body in due course for you to see so I won't say too much just yet.
*We also saw the results of the Guild's Market Research presentation which again will be circulated for anyone to see soon - but we finally know for certain what students think of us!
*I watched as Ed chaired his first Resexec as part of the handover process.
*Went to the Euroconference at City Hall and heard the European Commissioner speak while also being on More4 news!
*I did a presentation to the University about the SHAC and it was also presented at the most recent Guild Trustee Board meeting and passed by the board. We have now gone out to recruitment for the lettings management position and have been inundated with requests for application packs! I also spoke to a local letting agent - Purple Frog about how the SHAC can involve them.
*We began the planning for next year's RA training.
*I spoke with Hunter Court RA about their name change and we will be writing a letter to the CEO of Liberty Living to ask them to help preserve the identity of Hunters by keeping the name as it is.
*I will also be running a Fibchester roleplay for the incoming officers in July so I have begun planning for that, which is a large piece of work.
*And finally, later today I have set up a meeting for Victoria Hall RA and the mentor scheme to air their views about the many issues at Victoria Hall to the company's CEO John Ripley.

No comments: